- Water Soluble Filament MELFIL™ For FDM 3D Printer made by PVOH manufacturer.
- Developed the most suitable material and in-house filamentized. All made in Japan!
- Superior water solubility and printability.
- Wide use as support material, water soluble model and so on.., depends on your ideas!
- Product name
- Butendiol Vinyl Alcohol Co-polymer (BVOH)
(2.85mm under developing)
- Spool inside diameter
- Applicable material
Compared to general PVOH support filament, MELFIL™ can be dissolve absolutely easily.
It is not necessary to change support materials for various main material. MELFIL™ supports ABS as well as PLA.
* When print MELFIL™ as support material, please use a double head printer.
|Main material||Printing temperature(℃)||Bed temperature (℃)|
Compared to general main material, you can print more precisely and accurately without warps nor gaps.
As support material
You definitely need a support material when printing a complicated model.
MELFIL™ encourages you to print complicated and hollow model at once without troublesome assembly process!
As water soluble model
MELFIL™ can be applied for various water soluble models.
Control solubility and buoyancy
The bed temperature shall be higher than 80℃.
The nozzle temp. of MELFIL™ should be 190-210℃.
After printing MELFIL™, the nozzle should be completely purged with ABS or PLA, otherwise the remained MELFIL™ will harden and stuck inside the nozzle.
MELFIL™ is water soluble filament, therefore it will be solved if it gets wet. Please be careful of handling MELFIL™.
When you don’t use MELFIL™ for a while, make sure to keep it into a damp-proofing Aluminum bag. We strongly recommend you to keep it into a desiccator.
>20 times weight of water to this material required for disposal (i.e. >20cc water to 1g MELFIL™) with a maximum of 2kg of MELFIL™ per day. When more MELFIL™ is to be used per day, professional organic effluent treatment will be required.
For 3D printer manufacturer, filament maker, and other 3D printer users who desire customized grade, please contact us via Inquiriesor below.
- THE NIPPON SYNTHETIC CHEMICAL INDUSTRY CO,LTD
Sales and Marketing Division
- SOARUS L.L.C.
- NIPPON GOHSEI EUROPE GmbH